The Sikh Retreat volunteers have visited many camps and events over many years and with that knowledge and experience gained we will endeavour to provide a special experience that will stay with you for years to come.
The vision by organising this Retreat is for Sikhs of all ages to develop themselves, and we aim to achieve this by:
Teaching the basics of Sikhi in a friendly & non-judgmental environment
Holding group talks by specialist speakers to answer/give ideas to any questions we may have
- Allowing people to experience and develop their spirituality in the form of meditation and yoga
- Teaching the importance of Sikh values and how this reflects in today’s society
- Encouraging people to think about and explore their heritage
- Organising sports activities, to develop teamwork and leadership skills
- This list is by no means exhaustive…you’re welcome to bring your ideas to the table, and we’ll help to make your idea shine! The door is open, as long as your mind is!
Applications close in...
Basics of Sikhi
Sikh educational campaign using YouTube, printed material and social media dedicated to spreading the wisdom of the Sikh Gurus in English and multiple languages.
Established in 1999, Khalsa Aid is an international non-profit aid and relief organisation founded on the Sikh principles of selfless service and universal love.
To galvanise a flourishing global Sikh culture by innovatively enlivening Sikh tenets and heritage, and serve the Sikh community by providing a multitude of intelligent resources for its spiritual, educational and social development.
A community project setup to help educate Sangat about the key Sikh principles behind the food we eat and even grow. As well as advice, they also sell organic produce via their website.
SikhNet exists to provide a global virtual community for Sikhs and all those interested in the Sikh way of life. It does this by providing spiritual education and resources in a non-judgmental, neutral environment intended to inspire and uplift all those who participate in it.